English For Kids
Combine a family holiday with an English Language course for your child
How will your child learn?
We believe that children learn better when they are having fun so we don’t offer formal lessons.
Children spend all academic year following a formal curriculum so here, at Active English, we offer “Learning by Doing”.
Our activities are child-centred, planned around your child’s interests, at their level.
Your Tutor is CELTA/TEFL trained,with 25 years teaching experience with young people
Children learn through 100% total immersion in the English Language, the best way to make real progress and gain confidence.
They will feel the difference in fluency from day one.
What will your child learn?
Your child or children will have a programme of Language Activities where English will be spoken 100% of the time.
The activities focus on listening and speaking skills.
Activities take place in the mornings, 9-12 while parents are free to do the activities they wish.
On at least two days per week the Tutor will spend the afternoon with the children or the whole family on excursions to places which the family choose.
A sample of English Language Activities
- Learn about places in the town and directions – using a real map of Alyth the child must find certain shops and complete transactions eg – buy a postcard and stamp and send it to someone at home – writing in English, of course!
- Learn about food and cooking – working with the Tutor, the children will choose a meal they like, go shopping and later cook the food for the parents ( all under supervision of the Tutor)
- Learning Vocabulary – doing a Treasure Hunt in the garden
- Language associated with the town – visiting Edinburgh
- Language associated with shopping – a favourite task with our young learner is to take the double-decker bus to Dundee and visit shops there
- Learn about local traditions – we live in a fruit growing area. The children will go to pick raspberries and strawberries in a local farm and make jam to take home.
How will the activities work?
Your child will have organised activities Monday – Friday 9-12. During this time the accompanying adult(s) can join in or enjoy some free time.
On two afternoons there will be whole family excursions to places of your choice.
We are able to accommodate two adults sharing and have two more rooms available for up to three children sharing.
Breakfast, lunch and evening meal are provided.
Contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Tutor is CELTA/TEFL trained with years of experience teaching children.
Fun in Dundee
We plan the activities to suit your child’s interests