PHRASAL VERBS – Don’t you love them! And New Year is the time to practise. So. Get up! Get out! And Get going!!
New Year is the time when we are full of resolutions about all the healthy, BORING things we’re going to start doing and, of course, the catalogue of DELICIOUS things we have to stop.
Let’s face it, most New Year Resolutions are based on Health and Fitness, in other words eating too much, smoking like a chimney and drinking gallons of wine. Over indulgence during the festive period leads to serious abstinence in January. So here are ten phrasal verbs you need to put into action in 2019
1. Get up – off the sofa.
2. Get out – and run. You can always stop when no one is looking.
3. Get going – and don’t stop running until you’re thin.
4. Give up – smoking immediately.
5. Put on – your trainers. You’ll look like you mean business even if you don’t do any exercise.
6. Cut out – cigarettes right now. Yes. Right now.
7. Take up – line dancing.
8. Stay away – from chocolates, crisps, nuts, wine, sweets and everything you fancy, basically.
9. Find out – where the gym is. Don’t join it, just run there every day.
10. Give away – all the chocolates left over from Christmas. Every single one of them.
Good luck. Happy and Healthy New Year.